How to Support the SME Community During Challenging Times
When you buy from a small business, an actual person does a happy dance!
- Purchase gift cards: Some local businesses offer gift cards online for various products and services. Alternatively, enquire from your favourite small local business whether they can provide gift cards. By purchasing online gift cards during challenging time such as the Covid19 pandemic, your gesture provides the business with desperately needed cash flow to make it through these hard times. It also provides some hope for the future.
- Try and reschedule appointments, don’t cancel: While it is uncertain how long certain challenges will last, instead of cancelling appointments, rather reschedule in an effort to show your loyal support. Having the reassurance that they have business appointments lined-up when the situation ends will go a long way to boost morale.
- Spread the word: Tell your friends, colleagues, neighbours and family about your favourite small business and their services and products, especially if they are operating remotely during this period. By spreading the word, you can create interest and future support. If possible, share details about your experiences with the business and promote their website, and relevant social media platforms with your network.
- Share a positive review: Take some time to leave a positive review online of your favourite small business. This will be a boost of confidence for the business owner and help spread the word of the business offering.
- Communicate and connect: Stay in contact with your favourite small business owners and entrepreneurs that you know well. Check-in on them, offer to listen, or simply say thank you – this can go a long way.